Last week, I finished a “7” week series on prayer. We called it “7” because of the numerous references in the Bible connecting prayer and the number “7.”
Admittedly, preaching seven messages on prayer with a goal to have seven points each week was…strange. So I won’t do that again. HOWEVER, what a wealth of principles surfaced during these seven weeks. I’ve listed a few points (seven!).
1. When you see great things happening, they are the tip of the iceberg. PRAYER is the iceberg. Want to see great things? Get under them in prayer.
2. God is looking for people who will pray big prayers. He tells us His eyes are roaming to and fro. Watchman Nee says, “Why do we pray such small prayers?”
3. If you don’t forgive others, God won’t forgive you. And you’ll have a terrible prayer life if you don’t walk in relational forgiveness with God and others.
4. Prayer is a battle. It’s hard. It’s hardest on our flesh. When we pray, we overcome the flesh – and that’s a big part of the whole war! God overcomes the rest.
5. Pray and keep praying until God comes through. He’s not a reluctant God – not at all.
6. Pray for the people around you – ask God to move the hearts of people who influence nations, and people who you have influence with.
7. Pray for the lost. How can we change the world if we don’t pray for those IN the world that need change?
I’m convinced that prayer is life and life is prayer. “It is the life that prays,” said Ron Dunn.
Thoughts from John Meador and insights from God's Word.